What companies say and don’t say says a lot about what they do. What do vendors say about Health Savings Accounts (the triple-tax savings accounts, or the 401k+ of healthcare) and how they’re promoted by the brokers and consultants? These often decide which vendor is chosen amidst the fragmented market for the 20M+ Americans who have these accounts.
- Optum (UHC): We’re No. 1.
- UMB Financial: “Healthcare solutions that make you look good.”
- HealthEquity: “Offer your clients a comprehensive, convenient CDH solution.”
- HSA Bank: “Account-based benefits offer insurance agents the opportunity to bolster your client offerings.“
- HSA Authority: “The HSA Authority is committed to helping you sustain successful relationships with your clients.”
- Benefit Wallet: We’ve been around a long time. “We have offered spending account services since the inception of HSAs in 2004.”
- Lively HSA: “Health Savings Accounts, simplified.”
When fees, interest rates, and investment choices are similar across competitors, features, convenience, and incentives matter most.
Photo by Jennifer Burk on Unsplash